Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Foodie

I loooove eating! I love food! I am what some would call a “foodie”. It gives me great joy to have a scrumptious meal. I find it comforting to eat something which satisfies my tastebuds.

Since I’m into looking back at my very colorful past, I will attempt to associate all guys that I’ve dated to food that first comes to mind.

Guy # 1 : Spaghetti
This guy is so versatile, like spaghetti. You can throw him anywhere, and people will love him. He sings, plays the guitar, plays the piano, artistic, witty, sweet, and smart. Like my love for spaghetti, I don’t get tired of this guy. I can be with him for days and not get bored.

Guy # 2 : Steak
This guy doesn’t fit the profile of someone whom I will go out with. He’s too high maintenance for my taste. I can have steak once in a while, but not all the time.

Guy # 3: Liquid Seasoning (brand: Knorr or Maggi)
This guy is what you would call the life of the party. He is adored by everyone – colleagues, friends and family. He makes all dishes more alive and brings out the best flavors. He is addictive, you can’t help but to have more of him. However, like the liquid seasoning, too much on your food is bad for your health.

Guy # 4 : Pork Asado (Braised Pork with Sweet-Salty Sauce)
This guy is surprisingly sweet, like asado sauce. Looking at him, he looks tough and strong. But deep inside, he’s as sweet as braised pork in asado sauce. But like steak, I can’t have asado on a regular basis.

Guy # 5 : Arroz Caldo (Rice Porridge)
This guy gets me, and I totally get him. We finish each others’ sentences, we like the same things, we are always on the same page. Like arroz caldo, I feel that I know him inside and out. No matter how many kinds of food I’ve tasted, arroz caldo will be the best comfort food for me.

Guy # 6 : Fried Rice
He is yesterday’s best, but is still considered as one of breakfast favorites. But not mine. I can live without fried rice. Not that it doesn’t taste good. Like the cliché goes… it’s not him… it’s me.

Guy # 7 : Boiled Egg
This guy is boring… well at least for me. Like boiled egg, I can live without it. In fact, I will only have boiled egg if there’s no other food around.

Guy # 8 : Chocolate cake
This guy is sooo sweet that I can have him for dessert. He’s actually too sweet like chocolate… it doesn’t leave a bad taste in the mouth. Even the most bitter chocolate is so deliciously sweet.

Guy # 9 : Sashimi
This guy is what you would consider as raw and rough. Having no other spices, the sashimi, although uncooked is one of the most enjoyable and filling food around. What you see is what you get… no frills at all. But he is too raw that I can’t stand to be with him all the time.

Guy # 10 : Kiamoy (Dried Salted Prunes)
I don’t get this guy. Sometimes, he’s sweet. At times, he’s detached. Actually, I am not a fan of kiamoy – the taste is too complicated for me.


Hmmm… Writing about men and food makes me hungry. Got to go… need to raid the fridge.


10:35pm
08 Jan
Santiago City

No comments: