Sunday, December 07, 2008

Termina-lovely

*free-writing, muli*

I don't usually like airports, especially since I have had some bad experiences with some -- lost baggage, red eye transit time, almost 1 day transit/stops, rude personnel, boring or dirty facilities, etc.

But I think that I will never get tired of Changi Airport in Singapore. It is one of the busiest airports in the world and is an important passenger hub.

Changi has made its mark as a benchmark for service excellence, having received over 280 awards in a 20-year period from 1987 to 2007. Just for last year, it won 19 Best Airports awards!

I would personally vote for Changi given the chance to be in one of those awards committee. I love Changi! Not for its infinite shopping opportunities or gastronomical options, but because of its facilities for weary travelers like me.

Today, I have 5 hrs to spend here in Changi. My flight from Penang has a stop-over in Changi. And I am not complaining at all!

Here's a list of the things I did to kill the time
1. Made artwork using Changi's free stencil art. I will post photos of my artworks soon.
2. Went to the toilet more than 3 times. I am a sucker for clean toilets
3. Accessed free wifi at their lazy boy lounge (which also had large flat screen tv, and individualized speakers in the lazy boys).
4. Watched re-runs of Friends.
5. Registered for a free 3-year wifi access account.
6. Charged my phone and laptop through their free charging bays.
7. Rode the Sky Train going to Terminal 3, Changi's new posh terminal.
8. Went around T3.
9. Watched a free movie at their Transit Cinema.
10. Got a copy of Changi's free magazine.
11. Bought chocolates -- sugar free, dark italian chocolates, Reeses (xmas tree shaped) and a big assorted pack of chocolates (which I am devouring now as I write).
12. Bought my favorite perfume.
13. Took photos of huge Mickey and Minnie Mouse figures -- the magic of Disney is in Changi!.
14. Went to the Oasis -- a haven for weary travelers.

I am now lazily laying in lounge chair, accessing free wifi and eating chocolates. Lovely! What more can I ask for? Saan ka pa?!

I love Changi!


4:30 pm
07 December 2008 (Sunday)
Changi Airport, Singapore

No comments: