Sunday, July 12, 2009

Alternate Universe

Only a few friends know that I previously took Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (MBB) in the University. Why on earth, you might ask. Well, I liked how it sounded. And during my elementary days, I liked science (particularly astronomy), and I wanted to be a scientist and an astronaut (hahaha! yes, i was a nerd).

Alas, I soon realized that my love for science and math was a one-way thing. It didn't love me back. I loved astronomy, but chemistry what was I needed to pass. I loved algebra, but I needed to take 3 courses of calculus.

So I decided to change my course. But that's another story.

This entry will attempt to give you a glimpse of the Alternate Me -- what I would have been if I finished my MBB course.

1. Doctor - I would have finished MBB as a pre-med course (but I really don't understand why people would allow themselves to slave their way through MBB, when they could take a much easier course.

2. Geneticist - Splicing and re-engineering molecules and DNAs would have been my daily routine

3. Technical Researcher - Books, journals, reading, writing, and more books, journals, reading, writing.

4. Professor - Not really my cup of tea

5. Can't think of anymore options. Maybe my ex-classmates would care to add to this list.


08:20pm
12 July 2009
Sunday
Santiago City, Isabela

photo credits: Flickr

1 comment:

Goddess from the Mountains said...

hehehe here goes:

1. CSI - you would have been a member of the emerging NBI forensic team (although right now I don't know anyone who would want to be hehehe)

2. Consultant for or against GMOs - but wait, i think your latent "MBBness" is being drawn to your present occupation hehehe

3. Mad Scientist - self explanatory

4. Nobel Prize Winner - for discovering the latent strain of dyosas that makes us unique hehehe

Happy Monday D!