Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Road Trip


I have always travelled since I was small. My earliest childhood memories were those of me and my Lola travelling on a bus from our small rural town to a more progressive town. I don't even remember what we do there, I just know that it will be a long, hot, bumpy and dusty ride -- with people and animals. Yes, we travelled with chicken, pigs and sometimes even goats.
So travelling is not really a problem for me. I like being on the road, in the sea or on air. It gives me a sense of peace, being on transit, being in that state of momentary suspension, a moment of 'in between' and 'in the meantime'.
And I say all of these tonight, when I am about to make yet again another 8 hour bus ride from Cablelandia to Gotham... another one of my genuine me-time.
8:10pm, August 21, Tuesday

No comments: