Monday, May 12, 2014

Sa Ugoy Ng Duyan

for my thift-shopping, zumba-loving, marshmallow-addict, travel-seeking mommy dearest, Normita Mercado. thank you, mommy, for always taking care of us.
for the best sister ever (do i have a choice?), Divine Mercado-David. thank you for the 3 marias -- Summer, Red and Star.
for Nanay Ester, my lola. minsan, akala ko, nakita kitang tumatawid sa daan... sa Sri Lanka. i miss you. #lolasGirlAngPeg
for all the mothers in my family, thank you for the joy that my nephews, nieces and cousins bring.
and because birthing is not the same as mothering... thank you to all (women and men) who have mothered individuals. saludo ako sa inyo!
for my phenomenal friends... my dyosas... thank you for mothering me, your children, your nephews and nieces, and all those little souls.
para sa lahat ng mga mothers, mudra, mamu, mamita, mom, mommy, nanay, inay, mother, mudrakel na nasa buhay ko... hindi man ako lumabas sa vagina nyo, thank you for being a mother to me.
special thanks to ate Mawin Marilyn Hugo for being my SuperMawin, to Kiaw Green Angel for being my mom in Thailand, and to Kamanee Hapugalle , for your soft yet firm ways, which for me is the essence of being a mother.
i cannot tag all of you here in Facebook, but rest assured that you are tagged forever in my heart.
oh by the way, kiss all your mothers for me. please tell them, salamat, because my life is a lot more liveable because of you.
you all rock! astig kayong lahat!
Mother's Day, May 11, 2014

No comments: