Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sing-kah-poh!

Let’s go to Sing-kah-poh! I love going to Sing-kah-poh!

Sing-kah-poh is a hawker’s place near our place. They serve, of course, mostly Chinese food and some stalls serve Indian food. But everytime I eat there, I order the fried rice with salted fish. I keep forgetting what’s it called in Bahasa. See? It’s that good, I always have temporary amnesia everytime my tongue goes near it. Really yummy! It’s Malaysia’s version of fried rice and tuyo, only better, faaar better. And the serving, man, it’s fit for 2 people. Or, if you’re like me, who sometimes goes on the ‘kain-karpentero’ diet, then this meal is for you!

Now, what does Sing-kah-po mean? It’s actually the name of a country here in Asia. Take a guess… a wild guess. Sirit na? It’s named from one of the hottest country here in Southeast Asia… Singapore!!! Still don’t get it?

Here’s the trick. Pretend you’re Chinese, I mean pure Malaysian-Chinese. Now, try to pronounce Singapore… slowly. Sing... kah…poh! Galing no?

Anyone wants to go to Sing-kah-poh?


18 March 2006
12:49am
Penang

No comments: