Monday, February 26, 2007

Men in Trees




My housemates and I have been hooked on this new series, Men In Trees. It’s about Marin, a New York relationship coach. She relocated to Elmo, a small town in Alaska, after her fiancé cheated on her before their wedding.

Elmo is the ideal town for single women since there are more men than women, with a 3:1 ratio. There’s so much men scent that you can even find men in trees. In Elmo, she found herself by letting go of things and breaking off from the past. She says that sometimes, we have to step out of our life to see things that we’ve been looking for.

Here are some quotes from the series:

“There is no such thing as a steady ground. That is why it is important to have someone to trust. In the end, you have to have yourself tied to someone else. It’s the only way you’ll make it.” – Marin (the relationship coach)

“If you’re not going to drive, you’ve got to let the woman get the wheel.” – Marin to the men in the bar

“There’s too many men here. I think I just ovulated.” – Marin’s woman fan talking about Elmo

“You made me strong enough to leave you. But I’m not going very far.” – Theresa to her husband

“Sometimes, having options makes choosing harder.” – Marin, on choosing her publisher

“I think my apartment is breaking up with me.” – Marin, on her apartment

“Being alone… it’s overrated.” – Jack, the ‘real man’

“The optimist knows that there’s an endless amount of love to go around. The others of us can only hope we are not the ones left without a seat when the music stops. Even when you get what you want, at best, love is a shot in the dark.” – Marin, after her breakup with Jack



26 February 2007
Monday
12:34 am (amidst the fireworks)
Penang

No comments: