Monday, March 26, 2007

Arrested development

My college org-mate was lamenting in her blogsite that she, along with the other medical residents have had their emotional development arrested. Being locked up in a hospital for 48 hours straight will certainly kill your social life. No wonder the medical interns and residents in Grey’s Anatomy had acquired the ‘melrose place’ syndrome – sleeping with the people who are in close proximity.

I feel the same way here in Penang – my emotional growth and development got arrested. If you notice, my last blog entries were about TV series – Men in Trees and Grey’s Anatomy. How pathetic is that!

Since I don’t get to see much people here – save for my roommates, my officemates and our trusted taxi driver, Mr. Hanifa – I feel that I have confined myself too much. And now, I could not write about any interesting stuff. Writing about TV series, how low can I go?

Penang is my hospital, my 48 hour shift, my medical intership. Gotta get out soon, before I have permanent damage to my development.



25 March 2007
Sunday
09:26 pm
Penang (while having the flu)

No comments: