Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Anniversary

Please indulge me, but I’m feeling nostalgic tonight.

I could not believe that I’ve already spent one year of my life here in Penang. I, who never planned to live somewhere outside the Philippines, have survived one whole year in another country. Now, this calls for a celebration!

Penang is not exactly my favorite place, and like I said in my previous entry, it has not grown on me. But still, I feel nostalgic. And I have this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that I might actually miss this little island.

I’ve already packed my trusty blue luggage. All my important stuff are there, Lewis included. (Lewis is my dust-buster-cum-laptop-cleaner stuffed leopard.) Too bad Tippy went home earlier. He could have made a great traveling buddy for Lewis.

We haven’t told our regular cab driver, Mr. Hanifa, that we are leaving Penang for good. Marjo said that we’ll just do it tomorrow. She says she hates goodbyes. I don’t really hate goodbyes, it just makes me sad.

Destiny has a funny way of remixing things – someone’s past is another’s future. It’s been a quiet (and sometimes monotonous) past for me. I hope the next Pinoy who will be taking over my post will have a better and grander future.

Countdown: 8 days



13 May 2007
Sunday
10:15 pm
Penang

No comments: