Sunday, June 17, 2007

Blogging

I started writing for my blogsite as an exercise in free-writing. I’ve been writing technical stuff for 10 years now, and I got worried that I might not be able to write human interest articles again. That is why I started to write about emotions, observations and everyday experiences.

However, after stumbling upon a blogsite, I felt very juvenile and irrelevant. This guy (itago natin sya sa pangalang ‘Guy’) really writes well, and I mean really well. Sometimes, I don’t completely understand his writings, but it sounds so melodious that I cannot help but to read it again and again.

After I read several of his entries, I re-read my blog entries. And I wanted to delete my whole blogsite! Why couldn’t I write pieces like such? My entries seemed so shallow and trivial.

I am not pretending to be a literary person (on the contrary, I am very much into pop culture), but I do wish that I can write even just a single piece with so much poetry. And I’ve been trying, without much luck. I guess I still am waiting for that elusive muse. Or maybe, I just really can’t.


17 June 2007
Sunday
11:36 pm
Fairview, Quezon City

No comments: