Saturday, June 23, 2007

Jab, hook, straight

Yes, folks (all 7 of you, yes, nadagdagan na ang readers), I have another addiction – boxing. I never thought that I have this tendency to be addicted, but I knew even before that I have this tendency to become fixated and obsessed.

Just a few months ago, I became addicted to photography (read my previous blog entries). And now, I am addicted to boxing. I’ve been into different health regimen and programs before – gym, walking, belly dancing, jazz dancing. But I think boxing is the most interesting. It gives me that sense of empowerment that I can actually punch the punching bag (and the trainer if he becomes really strict hehehe). It is a great cardio and endurance workout. I feel that I’m sweating my fats off (maybe I am, look at Juday now!).

I’ve bought myself hand wraps and boxing gloves. I’ve also paid my membership to Elorde Boxing Gym in Katipunan Extension. I like Elorde since it is a no-nonsense gym, not like the usual yuppie gym where a lot of goers are just there to hook up with someone. At Elorde, you get a personal trainer every time you train. The people (mostly women) are all hell-bent on losing weight or learning the sport, so it feels like a real boxing gym.

I have a really good feeling about boxing. Who knows, after a few months, I could also be a model for Fitrum (hahaha, wish ko lang).



23 June 2007
Saturday
05:57 pm
Fairview, QC

No comments: