Friday, February 01, 2008

Lightbulb Moments

Have you had that moment… when everything seems so clear, when all your questions are answered, when all grey areas become either black or white, when you suddenly see a flicker of light in pitch black darkness? I call that a lightbulb moment.

How many times in the past have I had these moments, when I think of something very interesting, funny, or witty, as possible topics for my next blog entry. The weirdest thing is, I get these ideas in the most unlikely times and places – when I’m driving, when I’m taking a bath, when I’m trying to get a good night’s sleep, during the wee hours of the morning, when I’m doing something else.

It makes me want to get a pen and paper, or to turn on my laptop and write… write… and write, until my thirst for putting my thoughts into paper is quenched.

I also noticed that my best ideas (well, at least for me) are those that came from these lightbulb moments. My first blog entry, “Boylet”, was from a lightbulb moment – while I was in a toxic state in my previous organization, rushing a dozen of things for simultaneous deadlines.

“My Precious Stones” was written while my stomach was growling (before dinner), on Valentines Day hehehe.

“Van Gogh Wanna Be” was written in front of the tv in Penang, in between watching the local Malaysian channels and making chika with my housemates.

“Bagay sa iyo, Foreigner” was written while I was stuck and spooked in an old creepy (and haunted, I think) apartment in Sorsogon.

“Will Lightning Strike” was written while my cousins and I were on our way to Manila from Isabela.

Writing “Incoherence” was the first thing I did that one very cold morning.

I am hoping that I can still have more lightbulb moments, so I can still write, even without my muse.

P.S.
By the way, while I am writing this article, I am on Yahoo Chat with the dyosas, and also on the phone with my friend, Sienna.



03:15 pm
01 Feb
Santiago City

No comments: