Monday, April 28, 2008

Adik

Ako’y isang adik.

Adik sa photography.

Since 2 years ago, I’ve told my friends (and even wrote an article about it) about my addiction to photography.


I’ve had minor addictions – playing the guitar, cooking, sketching and painting, boxing, etc – but never has my addiction gone this far.

Here’s a proof of my addiction… everytime I go out and look outside the car window, I try to “compose” the objects. I usually look at things thinking if they would look good using the camera’s frame.


Another proof… I now have a new baby. After Ixty (my Canon Ixus 60), I now have Ampy (my new Canon DSLR). Now, I really can’t afford a DSLR. But I thought, hey, life is short. Carpe diem! So when I was in KL last December, I went to Ampang Point Mall (thus, the name Ampy), fished out my credit card, and not thinking twice (pikit-mata), swiped it in exchange for my beloved Ampy. Bahala na si batman! I know the well will never go dry, there will be loaves and baskets-full of fishes. Now, Ampy is my precious… my most beloved and priced possession.


I told a photography buddy that I have been dreaming of taking photos of things. Even in my dreams, I carry with me my beloved camera, Ampy (and sometimes Ixty, too) and shoot away. Just last night, I dreamt that I was in a small island off Phuket, and was cradling Ampy while balancing the small boat I was in.


I am now seriously considering having a very major career shift, a radical sabbatical of sorts. I really want to be a photographer. I want to take portraits of people and capture their emotions and immortalize their feelings. I want to take photos of beautiful places and breathtaking landscapes so that people will see how lovely they are. I want people to remember happy memories and candid moments on occasions that are special to them.


Here are some more proof of my addiction:
Photo 1: Lee-Anne (La Mesa Ecopark photo shoot with Flickristasindios buddies)
Photo 2: Vincent (a starry night in Sta Ana, Cagayan)
Photo 3: Ambuklao (photo of the river in Ambuklao Dam in Benguet)
Photo 4: Beach at night (a beach in Pangasinan)
Photo 5: Batanes?... not! (taken from Palaui Island in Sta Ana, Cagayan)

I never want to be rehabilitated. I want to remain addicted forever. I’m proud to say… ako’y isang adik!


09:55pm
28 April 2008
Santiago City

(I didn’t realize that my last entry was a month ago! Tsk tsk, this is bad. I need to have another addiction… adik sa blog.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

darna,

enjoy your new addiction. this is better than obsessing on a tumba-tumba with a nice contraption in front.

bitin sa chika,
ram

acubepixel said...

hey! nice to know you're an addict, too! whew! hehehehe.. keep shooting.. when you come back in davao, lets shoot everywhere! nice to see you!