Thursday, May 22, 2008

Isang taon

Isang taon na ako dito sa pinas!

It’s exactly one year from now that my Singapore Airline plane landed in Manila from Penang.

It’s exactly one year from now that I’ve been away from Penang.

It’s exactly one year from now that I haven’t:
1. seen Xin Ying
2. been in Mr. Hanifa’s teksi
3. tasted poh piah (the Chinese version of the fresh lumpia)
4. seen the sunrise in our 16th floor apartment in Greenlane
5. seen the beauty of the Penang Bridge

There are so many things, places and faces that I haven’t seen for the longest time. But many things have happened to me here in the Philippines. The past year has been a really eventful one.

Tomorrow is the 22nd. I’m a year wiser, far stronger and with more genuine friends.


11:42pm
21 May 2008
Santiago City

No comments: