Sunday, March 01, 2009

Broken

* free-writing

I call her Negra.

Negra has been my best friend since 2003.

She's with me when i'm sad, and i want to strum away my pain. She's also with me when i'm ecstatic, and i want to sing at the top of my lung.

She is my beautiful black guitar.

I got her in 2003, from of the stores in Sta Mesa. A good friend (see previous entry, Boylet) went with me to the guitar shop. And when i saw her, i instantly fell in love.

I said in my previous entry (My checkist - the ideal guy) that my guy should know how to play a musical instrument. I guess i got tired of waiting for him, so i told myself that i will buy myself a guitar and learn how to play.

I basically taught myself, with the help of some friends. My first piece was "Luka". I loved it because i sounded good playing it.

So after almost 6 years of stroking Negra's dark and smooth curves, she broke. She's broken... beyond repair. I don't know why, maybe because i don't play the guitar anymore. Maybe she felt abandoned and forgotten. But one thing's for sure... I want her back.

Salamat, Negra. You will be missed.


10:05pm
01 March 2009
Sunday
Santiago City, Isabela

No comments: