Thursday, April 09, 2009

Not fast... Just furious


After watching Fast and the Furious 4: New Model, Original Parts, I had this sudden desire to furiously step on the gas pedal and race. As we were going out the parking building of the mall, I wanted to test the speed limit of my miniature car. I felt that I was a race car driver.

But as we drove in the almost empty streets of Quezon City (it was already almost midnight), my heart sank. I realized that I can never do the things they do in the movie.

The state of our roads are dismal -- potholes and road constructions everywhere. Especially now that the elections are near, our beloved politicians are scrambling to make their names as visible as they can. Road blocks are seen everywhere. It says, Road Under Construction and of course, Public Service brought to you by Congressman Laki T. Yan.

Nope, I can never realize my dream of becoming a drag racer -- not with our roads, I won't.

I will not go fast... I will just be furious.


11:05pm
09 April 2009
Holy Thursday
Santiago City

No comments: