Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rain

It rained today.

After so many days of humidity and heat, it finally rained.

The downpour only lasted about an hour. But it was enough to make the world look and feel fresh again.

I went out after the rain stopped. And I felt really good. I feel as if the earth had just taken a really long shower after a day of trekking under the heat of the sun. The trees and plants look healthier and greener. The roads look happier and moisturized. The roofs look shinier and newer. Even my car looks newly painted and polished.

But most importantly, people I met seemed happier and revitalized.

I love the rain. I love how it cleanses us, from the inside out. Can't wait for the next downpour.



09:40pm
23 April 2009
Thursday
Santiago City, Isabela

photo credit: flickr.com

No comments: