Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Bite My Tongue

They say that when you have nothing good to say, don't open your mouth. Bob Ong, a Filipino contemporary author known for using humor in writings, put it in a more interesting way. But I forgot how we said it.

Anyways... my point is... where I am now made me realize that with all the potholes, pollution, garbage, poverty, greedy politicians and killings in the Philippines, we are still better off -- in a lot of ways.

I wanted to say more, but I don't want to say bad things about another country (and more importantly, I don't want to be deported). I don't like hearing foreigners describing the Philippines in a negative light, so I will just keep my silence.

However, there are words which I will forever associate with this place...
... dust
... sad eyes
... old

But I am almost sure that I will have more words, more beautiful words, to describe it in the future.


11:00pm
December 08, 2009
Tuesday
Golden Buffalo Hotel

No comments: