Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dumbo

I am now in Chiang Mai. Around this time last year, I was also here. But unlike today, I was on vacation last year.

I can't really complain because I enjoy what I'm doing... so it doesn't really feel like work.

On my way to Chiang Mai (the land of elephants) from Bangkok, the Thai airways flight kept on playing xmas songs. For the first time this year, I felt xmas. I actually felt a tug in my heart (tagalog translation: kurot sa puso). Not the painful kind, more like a nudge, a reminder that this beating organ still exists. I made a mental note to make use of it soon. Me heart needs some exercise -- literally and figuratively.

As the plane was about to land, I was smiling. And as I looked out in my window, I swear I saw little Dumbo, flying in the Chiang Mai sky... his snout brightly glowing with a red color, and Santa's sleigh tied at his back.

Merry xmas, Dumbo!


10:30pm
15 December 2009
Tuesday
SP Hotel
Chiang Mai

No comments: