Sunday, May 08, 2011

Suspended

As soon as the plane takes off from the runway... i feel my life go on pause.


The flight, however short it may be, becomes a break for me... a break from my life.


Just as the plane is suspended in mid-air, my life takes on a state of suspension -- nothing happens, at least during the duration of the flight. I don't make any decisions. I don't interact with anyone (i don't make small talk with my fellow passengers). I don't need to work. I don't need to worry about anything. My life simply takes a standstill.


These "short breaks" from my life helps me keep my sanity. It gives me a rest from life's daily grind.


It's another world altogether when i'm up there. A world which is not necessarily better, but just different... very different.


08:15pm
08 May 2011
Sunday
My Shoebox

No comments: