Monday, June 29, 2009

Gotham vs Cablelandia

This afternoon, I was again reminded why I hate Manila roads during rush hour. And while I was stuck in the middle of Commonwealth Avenue, my foot perpetually pressed on the brakes and clutch (yes, I am a clutch driver, and I blame A1 Driving School for that), I started making a mental list of the things I love and hate about Gotham (Manila) and Cablelandia (the province).

I love Cablelandia because...
1. There is cable tv connection (thus the term)
2. There is a wifi router at my sister's workplace (where I get to tambay), and 2 (not 1) internet connections at home.
3. Free food! (need I say more?)
4. No worries about doing my laundry, washing the dishes or cleaning the house.
5. Less gas expense (I don't go out much)
6. 2 little brats I call pamangkins I see everyday.
7. No worried about always using the aircon

Now why can't i stand Cablendandia...
1. Too hot!!!
2. No moviehouse
3.I have to drive to the next town to get really good brewed coffee.

Gotham, on the other hand is unbearable because...
1. Traffic! Traffic! Traffic!
2. Pollution! Garbage! Pollution
3. Expenses! Expenses! Expenses!

But I keep coming back because...
1. I love UP Campus and Teacher's Village
2. I love the solitude of my small shoebox
3. I miss Tippy!
4. Food trip! Food trip! Food trip!
5. I miss attending the gathering of the Dyosas.

So there, Cablelandia....I will never let you go, pero kahit anong mangyari... Gotham... I will keep coming back to you.

*singing... hinahanap hanap kita Manila, ang ingay mong kay sarap sa tenga... mga jeepney mong naglliliparan...*


10:20 pm
29 June 2009
Monday
Fairview

photo credits: Flickr

No comments: