Friday, June 05, 2009

Rainy days


It's been raining since a few days ago. And though i love the sound and feel of rain, i feel a certain sadness. I don't know why, but I feel a melancholic every time i hear the rain. But i love this kind of melancholy. It's not the kind where you would cry your eyes out or wail in frustration.

It's a pleasant kind of melancholy.

Sometimes, i smile when it rains... when i smell the rain. I close my eyes and i am transported to another place -- somewhere cold and misty, raindrops gently tapping on the roof, wood crackling in the fireplace, guitar playing in the background, cool and fluffy pillows. That is heaven for me.

Incidentally, the place described above is real. It happened a few years back. When life was as sweet as rain.


09:50pm
05 June 2009, Friday
Santiago City

photocredits:
flickr.com

No comments: